If you’re looking for a tasty and satisfying breakfast in Ho Chi Minh City, there are plenty of options to choose from. Here are six popular breakfast dishes that you shouldn’t miss
- Phở: This iconic Vietnamese noodle soup is often eaten for breakfast, and for good reason. A piping hot bowl of pho is the perfect way to start your day, especially if you’re feeling a bit under the weather. The fragrant broth is made with beef bones and spices, and it’s served with rice noodles, beef slices, and fresh herbs.
- Cơm tấm: This is a classic Vietnamese breakfast dish that consists of broken rice served with grilled pork, pickled vegetables, and fish sauce. The combination of tender, flavorful pork and crunchy pickled veggies is a real treat for your taste buds.
- Bánh Mì: This delicious Vietnamese sandwich is another popular breakfast option. It’s made with a baguette that’s been stuffed with a variety of ingredients, such as grilled pork, pate, pickled vegetables, and chili sauce. It’s a great way to fuel up before a busy day of sightseeing.
- Bò Né: This is a hearty breakfast dish that consists of grilled beef, a fried egg, and some vegetables. It may seem heavy, but it’s actually quite filling and will keep you satisfied until lunchtime.
- Xôi: This is a sticky rice dish that’s often eaten for breakfast in Vietnam. It’s typically served with a variety of toppings, such as mung beans, shredded chicken, or fried shallots. It’s a great option if you’re looking for something that’s both sweet and savory.
- Cháo Lòng: This is a rice porridge that’s made with pork liver and other organ meats. It’s a bit of an acquired taste, but it’s a popular breakfast dish in Ho Chi Minh City. The porridge is typically topped with scallions and ginger, which help to balance out the richness of the liver.
No matter which breakfast dish you choose, you’re sure to enjoy the unique flavors and textures of Vietnamese cuisine. So, head out and explore the local food scene in Ho Chi Minh City – your taste buds will thank you!